Throughout his career as both a judge and a lawyer, Judge Tim Sulak has received numerous awards, memberships, certifications, and recognitions from organizations and his peers for his hard work, impartiality, professionalism, personal character, commitment to the practice of law, and more. Below are some of the most notable awards and recognitions Tim Sulak has received:
- Every two years, the Austin Bar Association asks attorneys to rate judges in several different categories, including hard work, impartiality, correct application of the law, temperament, and overall performance. In the three most recent surveys, in every category, more attorneys rated Judge Tim Sulak “excellent” than any other judge in Travis County.
- Judge Tim Sulak is board certified in personal injury trial law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. This is a distinction held by fewer than 3% of lawyers in the state.
- In a statewide survey completed by lawyers, Tim Sulak was selected as a Texas Super Lawyer. This is a status awarded only to the top 5% of Texas lawyers.
- Tim Sulak is the recipient of the Professionalism Award from both the Texas Center for Legal Ethics and the Austin Bar Association.
- Judge Sulak received a Presidential Citation from the State Bar of Texas for leadership in restoring trust and confidence in the legal system.
- Early in his career, Tim Sulak was awarded the Outstanding Journal Article award from the Travis County Bar Association. The organization honored Tim for his article, “Ten Commandments for Fee Dispute Avoidance and How to Repent Your Sins.”
- Judge Tim Sulak was elected as a fellow of the American Bar Foundation. The foundation recognized Tim for his professional attainment, distinguished service and commitment to fostering the integrity of the profession and facilitating the administration of justice.
- During his time practicing law, Judge Tim Sulak was selected for membership to the American Inns of Court, an honorary society devoted to the highest standards of excellence in professionalism, ethics, civility and legal skills.
- The American Board of Trial Advocates asked Judge Sulak to join their invitation-only professional association. He was invited based on his personal character, honorable reputation and trial experience.